Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Confessions of a Princess


I debated whether or not to write my Blog 7 assignment on the Obama birth certificate madness or the McDonald's lawsuit, in light of our exam 4 topic I chose the McDonald's lawsuit. With the Blog 8 assignment of critiquing a classmate's blog I was excited too see many of my fellow bloggers chose to blog of the Obama birth certificate debate, it was all over the news at the time our assignment was due. Out of the many options to critique I chose "Confessions of an Elf" from the Caught in the Middle blog. It was honestly the only one I actually read, it might of been the clever title or just the others looked bland. 
I remember being younger and asking my dad for help on writing a paper and he said "pretend that your reader is blind and you need to explain everything to them, assume they don't know anything." I bring this up because although I agree with the stand the blogger took, that the whole situation is pretty ridiculous and "idiotic" to question our president's birth place. I feel he could of gave more details. For example, What were the headlines that he scanned? Who was his birth certificate being questioned by? How did this person go about questioning? How and why did Obama finally reveal his birth certificate? The answer to these questions will display just how dumb the whole situation is. Had he told us it was Donald Trump heading the mission to discredit the birth certificate, and who Donald Trump is, and how he gave countless TV interviews publicly doubting the president's citizenship. All these answers would have painted a better picture of what has been going on. He could have also told his reader Obama not only released his birth certificate but he made a live statement to the country, “We’re not going to solve our problems if we get distracted by carnival barkers and sideshows,” said Obama, “We do not have time for this kind of silliness, we’ve got big stuff to do, I’ve got big stuff to do,” he also stated. Including Obama's words would have displayed for us the readers how awesome Obama is and how he ended the "silliness." 
I liked how the blogger put links but I don't have time to read them, a quick summary of what the links taught him would have been nice as well. Here are some of the theories, these are the qualifications to be president..etc. It was pretty cool how he had his own envelope from his birth certificate on the blog, it connects the blog on a personal . I enjoyed the blog all around but would have left it with more knowledge of the issue had he included a more information to the events that caused and ended the debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment